- Loading CountdownAustralia:
Billionaire to build new Malaysian F1 circuit
Tuesday 04th December 2012, 12:11 by Ryan Wood
A Singapore billionaire has revealed plans to construct a new circuit in the Iskandar region of Malaysia.
The development, which will be known as 'Motorsport City', includes an F1-compliant 4.5 kilometre track, as well as hotels and apartments.
The venture is valued at over $1.2 billion and is just minutes away from the Singapore border.
Both Malaysia and Singapore currently have F1 races - though Lim is keen to attract the series to his circuit once completed in 2015 or 2016.
Lim, who owns a stake in McLaren, will control 70 per cent of the project whilst the remaining 30 per cent will be divided between the Johor royal family and Malaysian state investment firm Khazanah Nasional.
The F1 Times is not affiliated with Formula 1, Formula One Management, Formula One Administration, Formula One Licensing BV or any other subsidiary associated with the official Formula One governing organisations or their shareholders. Official Formula One information can be found at www.formula1.com.