- Loading CountdownMonaco GP in
Senna expected news, will confirm plans soon
Wednesday 28th November 2012, 14:21 by Ryan Wood
© Williams F1, LAT Photographic
Bruno Senna says he has no bad feelings towards Williams following confirmation that he will be replaced by Valtteri Bottas next season.
The Brazilian had expected the news after Bottas was put in his car on 15 occasions during Friday practice, but despite the handicap he says he's proud to have scored points in half of the races this year.
"Since the beginning of my program with Williams I accepted that I had to share the car with Valtteri Bottas in 15 Fridays as a part of his preparation for a likely debut in 2013," he said on his personal website.
"It has been extremely satisfying to be the team's most regular point scorer and for me to demonstrate my pace in all 20 races. I have learned a lot and improved considerably through the season. I have had a relatively short career so far and feel as though I have come a long way in just a few years," he added.
"I had some notable achievements this year, such as the fastest lap in the Belgian GP, my favourite track, scoring points on a regular basis and making up many, many places through the races. Regularly racing in the top ten has certainly been a step forward in my still relatively short career and has allowed me to further sharpen up my race craft. Working with a competitive and supportive engineering team like Williams has left me well prepared for the next step in my career."
He confirmed he would announce his plans for 2013 soon.