- Loading Countdown to Race
Dropping Kobayashi 'not an easy decision'says Sauber TP Kaltenborn
Friday 23rd November 2012, 20:17 by Ryan Wood
© Sauber Motorsport AG
Sauber's Monish Kaltenborn says the decision to drop Kamui Kobayashi from the team next season was not an easy one.
The sport's first female team principal thanked the Japanese driver for his contribution to the team, but says she ultimately wants to take the Swiss outfit in a different direction next year with Nico Hülkenberg and Esteban Gutiérrez.
"Over the last three years Kamui has shown us he is not only a fierce competitor on the track, but also a wonderful person and fantastic team player," said the Indian.
"Every member of our team has the greatest respect for him, and his podium in Japan was a particularly emotional moment for all of us.
"This has not been an easy decision for us to take, but we have committed ourselves to a new beginning and our time with Kamui will come to an end after the final two races of the season. We wish Kamui all the best for the future."
She also thanked Sergio Pérez and wished him all the best with McLaren.
"Our thanks also go to Sergio Pérez, who has claimed three podiums for the team so far and now has the opportunity at McLaren-Mercedes to display his immense talent with one of the most successful teams in Formula One history," she added.
"We would also like to wish Sergio all the best and every success for the future."
The F1 Times is not affiliated with Formula 1, Formula One Management, Formula One Administration, Formula One Licensing BV or any other subsidiary associated with the official Formula One governing organisations or their shareholders. Official Formula One information can be found at www.formula1.com.