Daimler acquires full ownership of Mercedes F1

Monday 19th November 2012, 13:58 by Ryan Wood 

Mercedes AMG F1

The Mercedes F1 Team is now under full ownership of German manufacturer Daimler AG which has acquired the outstanding shares in the outfit.

Daimler had previously owned 60 per cent, with the remaining 40 per cent belonging to Aabar Investments following the sale of the team in 2009 when it was known as Brawn GP and under the ownership of Ross Brawn and Nick Fry.

The manufacturer which owns the Mercedes road division among other brands, confirmed on Monday it had taken full ownership for an undisclosed figure.

LATEST FORMULA 1 NEWS

tech talk

Tech Talk: Marussia innovation boosts Ferrari

MERCEDES

Hamilton claims FRIC ban will benefit him

f1 news

Drivers need to be able to speak their mind - Horner

caterham

Caterham launches legal action against employees

f1 news

Ecclestone promises no standing restarts in 2015

MERCEDES

Hamilton: 'I'm just doing my job, I'm hired to race'