- Loading CountdownMonaco GP in
Mercedes' struggles not a concern - Hamilton
Thursday 01st November 2012, 17:42 by Ryan Wood
Lewis Hamilton says he has no concerns over Mercedes current form, given he will be driving for the team next season after agreeing a multi-year contract earlier this season.
The Mercedes team have failed to score a single point in the previous three races following a slump in their performance, but when probed on the subject, Hamilton said it didn't worry him.
"It doesn't," he said in Abu Dhabi. "I'm very happy with the decision I've made and it doesn't have an impact on that.
"People do sometimes lose their way and even we have struggled in the past. I've not really focused on them to see what problems they've had, be it crashing or whatever. I've been focused on trying to win the constructors' championship for this team [McLaren] and trying to get the maximum points. It is theoretically still possible for us to win the constructors' championship so I'm still all guns blazing."
Meanwhile current team-mate Jenson Button believes Hamilton's departure will be a "big loss" for McLaren.
"The first year with a new team is always a little bit tricky and it will be a new experience for Lewis. I'm sure he is excited about it, and he's as quick as they come, but sometimes it just isn't that easy to win grands prix and build a team around you."