- Loading CountdownMonaco GP in
New Jersey will go ahead in 2013 - Organiser
Saturday 06th October 2012, 08:13 by Ryan Wood
© Red Bull Racing
The organisers of the New Jersey Grand Prix insist it will go ahead in 2013 as planned, and that any contractual issues will be sorted.
This comes as Bernie Ecclestone confirmed last week that he had withdrawn the event's contract due to violations.
Race promoted Leo Hindery though is confident these matters will be resolved and the infrastucture will be ready for the proposed June 16th slot.
"We will be racing," he told the Bloomberg news agency.
"We don't have existing, fixed facilities that can be inspected today, so when he [Ecclestone] says we're subject to review, we'll be subject to review until the race date just because of the nature of a street course racing for the first time.
"Every first-year race is problematic until it isn't. We still have a few pieces to put together, but the sport's now behind us and we're thrilled to be on the calendar."
It's understood Ecclestone flew to New York this week to meet with Hindery and the event's investors in a bid to sign a new contract.